Definition of Personal Information on the J-POWER Website
Personal information in this context shall be interpreted to signify personal user information received by Electric Power Development Co., Ltd. (J-POWER) from its users, including addresses, names, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other personal data.
Acquisition of Personal Information on the J-POWER Website
- When J-POWER acquires personal information on its J-POWER website, it is in principle assumed that such information has been deliberately provided by the users out of his own free will.
- In the event of J-POWER’s acquiring personal information on its website, J-POWER shall indicate beforehand the specific purpose for which the information will be used.
- Personal information shall be obtained by J-POWER on its website only to the extent necessary to realize the purpose indicated to the users.
- In the event that users do not desire to provide personal information to J-POWER on its website of J-POWER, the user shall be entitled to refuse the provision thereof at their own discretion.
- Users should accept, however, that they may not be able to use certain services if they refuse to provide certain particular information.
Limitation on the Use of Personal Information on the J-POWER Website
- J-POWER shall use all personal information provided by the users on the J-POWER website within the scope indicated by J-POWER to the users.
- Personal information provided by the users on the J-POWER website will not be used for any purpose other than the purpose stated below to the user without the users consent.
Disclosure or Provision to third parties of personal information acquired by J-POWER on its website
J-POWER shall not and will not disclose or provide to third parties personal information acquired by J-POWER on its website unless any or all of the following events should apply.
- In the event that the user has given his consent thereto.
- In the event that the information is disclosed or provided in a form making it impossible for the user to be identified personally, such as statistical data.
- In the event that the disclosure or provision thereof is demanded on legal grounds.
- In the event that the disclosure or provision is required in order to protect the user’s personal life and limb and/or property and it is difficult to obtain the user’s personal consent thereto.
- In the event that cooperation is required in the course of national government or local public entities discharging their official activities, and in the further event that the solicitation of the personal consent of the user concerned is likely to hamper the execution of such activities.
- In the event that it is necessary to disclose personal information to cooperating, joint-venture and subcontractor companies that have signed a confidentiality agreement with J-POWER in order to achieve the purpose indicated to the users. (Example: Order or instructions sent to an outside company for sending a prize item.)
Disclosure, correction, deletion, cessation of use, and elimination of personal information
Procedure for accepting
Appointing a manager responsible for personal information, a contact person for support and inquiries and a contact person for the above disclosure procedures
The contact person for support for inquiries concerning personal information acquired on the J-POWER website and a contact person for the above disclosure procedures are as stated below.
Electric Power Development Co., Ltd. (J-POWER)
Officer in charge of Privacy of Personal Information, General Affairs Group, General Affairs Department
|Address:||Ginza 6-chome 15-1, Chuo-ku, Tokyo - 104-8165|
Protection of Minors
J-POWER protects the personal information of its users under age with the same care as it protects the personal information of its other users. In the event that users under age provide information on J-POWER website, they are requested to obtain the consent of the guardians or parents without fail.
All information accessed by users is recorded on the J-POWER website in the form of an access log. The access log contains details such as the accessing user's IP address, host name, the name of the browser used, and the date and time of access. It does not contain, however, any information enabling the identity of the user to be determined. The access log is used solely for website management and maintenance and for statistical analysis to determine access trends. The information is not used for any other purpose.
Personal Information of Link Destination
The J-POWER website may contain links to the websites of companies or organizations other than J-POWER. J-POWER does not accept any responsibility for personal information on websites that are not J-POWER's own website.
J-POWER strictly adheres to, and abides by, all laws, bylaws and regulations applicable to the protection of personal information and makes every possible effort to review and update its measures with regard thereto.
This page (Use of Personal Information) was last updated on January 1, 2016. In the event that the contents of this page will be substantially updated, notice thereof will be served on this website.